- To develop and maintain the highest standards of construction and business methods in the sewer, watermain and road construction industry.
- To promote co-operative liaison and better relationship between its member and all owners and their officials.
- To further its accident prevention program to reduce the injuries and loss of life and reduce Workmen’s Compensation rates.
- To encourage any improved method to relieve its members of needless financial risks.
- To consider the form of contracts, specifications and bonds, and to make suitable representation to officials and corporations thereto.
- To promote better understanding and goodwill between the general public and the contractors of our industry.
- To encourage long range planning and uniform calling of work by owners.
- To standardize the contracts and specifications with all governmental bodies and Consulting Engineers.
- To improve contracts and specifications from the contractors’ point of view.
- To facilitate the release of holdbacks by owners to contractors.
- To establish uniform payment basis for extra work performed on contracts (particularly cost-plus work).
- To encourage the digging of test holes and the holdings of pretender site meetings by the owners and their consulting engineers.
- To work with the Ministry of Labour on all matters concerning safety in our industry.
- To carry out labour negotiations on behalf of its member.